Friday, April 20, 2012

Q: is for Quads


I tone my abs, they get smaller and tighter.  I tone my arms, they get stronger and leaner.  I squat or run or jump or lunge, the bigger my quads get.  No matter how much fat I shed from them, I've got some big girls holding up this bod of mine.  At times, the fight between myself and my jeans straight from the dryer can take a beating on this girl's self esteem.  Heck, sometimes I think even my jeans are crying at the end of it!  It seems no matter what I do, thanks be to Mom, I'm stuck with my thunder thighs.

After my most recent bought with my Levi's, when I was debating on giving up on all that is thigh, I came across the ad below.  I'm not a huge fan of Nike (or really any big brands that do big brand-y things).  However, I admit I must give them props for one of their more recent ads targeted towards women and the assets we struggle with most.  This one is by far my favorite and I wanted to share because I doubt I'm the only owner of these huge gals.



 
             "I have thunder thighs. And that's a compliment because they are strong. And toned. And muscular. 
             And though they are unwelcome in the petite section, they are cheered on in marathons. 
             Fifty years from now, I'll bounce a grandchild on my thunder thighs and then I'll go out for a run."

Upon seeing this I could only think of one phrase: A-men-Sista-Friend!  And aside from that: my thighs look damn good in those Levi's!  Nothing left to do but embrace what Mama gave!

10 comments:

  1. Oh that's me too! I cannot find pants to fit my legs....if I do the waist is swimming around me! Size 7 pants for the hips and size 12's for the legs...and I am not fat. And forget finding tights that fit...they lie. I am 5'10" and no where near the 155 lb. weight limit on those things...but they never fit.

    Thanks for the post...love the Nike comments.
    Happy A-Z weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah. Nature's pretty mean sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! Quite fancied the idea of skinny jeans some time ago, but my thighs are obviously more muscled than your average woman as they never fit either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh -- that's a groan. This stuff hurts. Well not really. Great job I bet Z will be about zumba? I had to see what the very last number in this huge list was about. Good job.
    http://www.billieawilliams.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on running!!!

    run by
    http:/ladysknight.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup. They do hold up well! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs in April, and with this visit to yours, I have succeeded! My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said! Great post! It's a brilliant ad by Nike too.
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have huge thighs too but I don't mind them, my trainer always makes me do squats to tone my bum and thighs, and the next day OMG am I in pain I can't even sit down and yes you're right, why do they never seem to look any smaller!

    Ps I left an award for you on my blog http://dinathanki.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award-yea-baby.html

    ReplyDelete