Monday, April 16, 2012

N: is for Never Quit

This morning, I succumbed to weakness and hit up the Chick-Fil-A drive-through for breakfast.  It didn't seem so terrible until this evening when I discovered a new roll during boot camp.  No, we're not talking carby side-dish; we're talking fat, people!  As usual, the thought in my head was "time to start over back on track".  Except I am really sick of starting over!  But this time it also occurred to me that if I am sick of starting over, then I also need to be sick of quitting.  Never quit, never start over, get fit! 

I realize that one fast food meal does not a fat roll make.  But trashy food is too regular of an occurrence for me.  I can't seem to deny myself the sodium or the "easy way out" in exchange for being lazy.  But are sodium and laziness worth the price of my once-owned six-pack?  There are also the logical reasons this is terrible (heart disease, cancer, blah blah blah) but there's no way that I can wrap my head around those serious problems in my mid-twenties.  So we'll go with something immediate, like six-pack.  Ok, and being tired in the gym. Being tired in general.  Having to start over every time I realize how much I've set myself back.

Resetting the motivation and the goals: peace out fast food, welcome back six-pack!  If I stay on track, I'll be there in no time and be able to do laundry off my very own washboard.  If I quit, I'll find myself writing this same pissed off blog in the very near future...Time to break the cycle!



12 comments:

  1. I went back to the gym yesterday after 3 months away! It is not that I quit but just couldn't make it for 2 weeks and then life took over and it wasn't routine anymore then i got sick and then I just plain forgot, so I went back, I worked out, I know it will be next Tuesday before I can get back again, but I am planning and taking one step at a time to keep going, not quitting or starting over just taking back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely puts a more positive spin on it, I like it! Congrats on getting back in the game!

      Delete
  2. I needed to read this today because my scale is NOT cooperating with me. Let's BREAK the cycle!

    ScribblesFromJenn
    Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, girlfraaann, let's do it!

      Happy A-Z! More to come tonight. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so with you on this! Just thought about it this week. I've missed working out for the last few weeks...was doing well with weight loss and have hit a roadblock. Definitely not thinking of quitting, especially since I'll be going to Puerto Rico this summer. Quitting is NOT an option. Lol! Yay for breaking the cycle!

    Rae
    Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Publication
    The International Diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - Visiting from A to Z...love your post and the design of your site. Beauteous! So about your post: I hear you, sister-girl. I was on a roll of daily exercise and then I had to have an old ACL injury fixed. Surgery. It put a big THUMP right in the middle of my newly found motivation. I'm getting back slowly, but it's like you say: the alternative is to be comfortable with quitting. Never! Good words from YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I feel you, Denine! I ran into the "grounded from exercise" problem about a year ago. Getting back into it was so difficult, but after a week I felt so much better, even if I was having to modify things and go at it slowly. Hope you feel better soon and can get back in the game!

      Delete
  5. Nice to meet you thru the A to Z challenge
    that getting on and staying on track is a lifetime battle
    Moondustwriter's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there and be good to yourself.
    Coming over from A-Z.

    ~Naila Moon
    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/04/s.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. * hides the taco bell she is munching on while reading this *

    My Zumba skills can probably use a refresher - I've let writing take the place of my exercise time. After reading this I am thinking a new schedule might be in order.

    *~ MAJK ~*
    Twitter @Safireblade
    A to Z Blog Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, I was craving a chicken quesadilla for two weeks...I admit, I broke last night. Clearly, there must be crack hidden in there somewhere.

      Perhaps you can use exercising as a brainstorm session for your writing? Make it work for you! I know I've found myself just completely letting the thoughts roll while running and biking. I feel like I get more accomplished than just a calorie burn by the time I'm done!

      Delete