Saturday, April 14, 2012

M: is for Muddy

Want an easy way to take a Plain Jane 5k to the next level?  One word: Mud.  Ok, and obstacles.

Last year my sister and I both mucked it up in our first mud run, Rugged Maniac.  Since then, we've both been hooked on getting grubby.  Over the past year, we have gotten down and dirty in four of these 5ks, scaling cargo nets, forging rivers, crawling through mud under barbed wire, and leaping over fire. We typically finish with enough mud in our shorts and shoes to bury the competition...of course I run pretty slow, so my competition is pretty minimal by the end of it.  Really, I'm just there for the food (in the case of last race with the giant turkey leg).




But more than the food, it's a great way to add a bit of spice and excitement to any 5k, burn more calories, and feel like one strong BAMF by the end of it!  Wanna get dirty?  Be sure to check out a mud run near you!

5 comments:

  1. We have one of these that comes through my town too, it's called the Dirty Dash. I didn't participate last year, but I plan on getting a team together this year. SO much fun! :) Good A2Z post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is something everyone should do at least once. Even if you are not a runner and just want to get out and play, it's a blasty-blast (and makes for great photo opportunities)!

      Delete
  2. Excellent site you've got here.. It's hard to find high-quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
    Also see my web page :: safety wellies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about getting muddy, but have yet to commit. Excellent pics, looks like you guys have a blast!

    ReplyDelete